The Sony PMW-F55/F5 is highly compact, lightweight and high-performance CineAlta 4K camera. The PMW-F55 CMOS image sensor allows you to shoot clear 4K images without rolling shutter distortion or flash band phenomenon for perfect HD recording performance. The PMW-F5’s 4K image sensor allows you to record in MPEG-2 HD video format and the new 4K-compatible format, XAVC, by using an SxS memory card.
If you want to play the XAVC video footage recorded with your Sony PMW-F55/F5 camera on computer for free, you can convert XAVC to MOV format, which can be viewed on many free media players on computer including QuickTime Player, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, etc.
Jihosoft Video Converter, a powerful but simple to use application is specially designed for you to convert Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC to MOV format, you will then be able to free play XAVC video on Mac with ease. Besides, by converting Sony XAVC to MOV, you can import the generated files to edit with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer or transfer to your portable devices like iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, PS3, etc.
How to Convert XAVC to MOV for Playback with QuickTime on Mac OS X
1. Download and install Sony XAVC to MOV Converter on your computer.
2. Launch the program, click top-left “Import” button to add XAVC files to the application.
3. Click “Profile” drop-down menu, go to “Application” and select “MOV-QuickTime (*.mov)” as the output file format.
4. Carry out the conversion process by hitting right-bottom “Start” button.
Main advantages of MOV format
1. It can be dissected and edited without having to rewrite code.
2. The audio and video component of MOV files are stored on separate tracks and can be manipulated for time and content.
3. Effects of MOV files are housed on their own tracks and allow editors to make different transitions and add other extracts without ever touching the video track.
4. The file’s text track allows editors to insert items such as subtitles or credits without permanently changing the entire film.
5. It can be easily played by QuickTime player, a program available for free.
Note: The video converter mentioned here not only allows users to convert XAVC to MOV, but also convert XAVC to MP4, AVI, ProRes422, FLV, WMV, MPEG, etc.