Problem: “I have a problem with my hard drive. I couldn’t open my D drive, which holds most of my important data. The NTFS hard drive now recognized as “RAW”. Is there any tool that can convert the RAW disk to NTFS or even if there is any software that can get back my data?
This is one of the most common problems about computer, RAW hard drive, which refers to unformatted disk. It can occur due to various reasons, such as, format failure, disk corruption, virus attack, power failure, physically damage, improper operation, and so on. When hard drive becomes RAW, it displays the disk space as 0 bytes and worse, you won’t be able to access and read any data on it. When you click on it, you will get error messages as follows:
- “The disk in drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”
- “Invalid media type reading drive: Abort, retry, fail?”
- “Sector not found.”
Don’t click “Yes” to format the hard drive directly, or you may lose all the data which has been stored on this hard drive. It is suggested that you don’t perform any operation on the disk and recover data from RAW hard drive using reliable data recovery software. Jihosoft File Recovery or File Recovery for Mac is such a powerful tool which can help to retrieve data from RAW hard drive.
Data Recovery from RAW Hard Disk Instruction:
1. Free download Jihosoft File Recovery, install and launch it.
2. Click on “Refresh Drivers” and select the RAW hard drive.
3. Select the file types you want to recover and click on “Start Scan”.
4. Preview the scanned files and mark those you’d like to get back.
5. Finally click the “Recover” button to perform RAW hard drive recovery.
Additional Tips and Suggestions for RAW Hard Drive Recovery
Before perform data recovery from RAW hard drive, avoid adding any new data to the hard drive.
Don’t save the recovered data to the original hard drive. It’s better to find another safe place to save them.
After you have recovering data from the RAW hard drive, you can format this RAW disk with built-in format tool and then this hard drive can be used again.