Top 4 Methods to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Android
As the Samsung’s impressive Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge hit the market, some of you may see a good opportunity to switch from iOS to Android. This makes the transfer of private data, especially Contacts. How to go from iPhone to Android without losing the contacts ? Here, we have some simply solutions for you to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android.
Method 1: Transfer iPhone Contacts to Android Using Jihosoft Phone Transfer
Last but not the least, third-party tools can help with contact sharing. Jihosoft Phone Transfer is one such tool. Besides contacts, it also allows you to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Android. Supported file types include more, like text messages, call logs, calendar, etc.
- Download and install a free copy of Jihosoft Phone Transfer on your computer.
- Run the program, connect both your iPhone and Android to the computer via USB cables.
- Mark the Contacts in listed file types and click “Start Copy” to transfer all contacts from iPhone 5/5C/5S/6 etc to Android.
iPhone: iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, etc.
Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S7/S6/S5, HTC One A9/M8/M7/One, Sony Xperia Z5/Z4/Z3/Z2, Motorola Moto G/X/E/G2, LG G5/4/3/3 Stylus, etc.
Method 2: Via the Share Contact Option
If you only need to transfer a small number of contacts from iPhone to Android, you can make use the Share Contact option on your iPhone.
- Open up the Contacts app on your iPhone and select the contact you wish to transfer.
- Swipe down and select the “Share Contact” tab, then send iPhone contact to Android either via message or email.
Method 3: Using Apple’s Cloud System
If you back up important data on your iPhone to iCloud, another simple way to transfer iPhone contacts to Android device is by simply using Apple’s cloud system.
- Go to iCloud.com on your computer and login to your iCloud account.
- Click on Contacts, you will see all of your iPhone contacts which have been backed up in iCloud.
- Select the contacts that you want to transfer one by one, or click on the gear and use “Select All”.
- Click on the gear and select “Export vCard”, the selected iPhone contacts will be exported to a VCF file.
- Plug your Android phone to the computer, copy the VCF file to its local storage and import the contacts from the Contacts or People app.
Method 4: Export Contacts to Gmail with iTunes
If you have a Google account and recently backup your iPhone to computer using iTunes, you can move contacts from iPhone to Android device via Google account.
- Launch iTunes and plug in your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes, then under the “Info” tab, check “Sync Contacts with” and select “Google Contacts”.
- Type your Google account’s username and password in the prompt window and click “Apply”.
- Once it is done, go to Menu > Settings > Accounts on your Android phone, tap on “Add Account” and choose “Google”.
- Sign in with the same Gmail account. Wait for a while, tick “Sync Contacts” and tap on “Finish”.