WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging app for Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and of course Apple iOS. More and more iPhone users now tend to use WhatsApp to chat with families, friends, and workmates. This hot chatting app allows users to communicate through text, voice, and images over Wi-Fi or cellular networks. However, problems also exist. For example, users may tap on the wrong option and all WhatsApp chat history are gone.
How to get back WhatsApp messages? Be patient. This article will introduce several ways to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone 7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS.
Method 1: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone Directly
Have no backup file at hand? The good news is that you can now use Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover lost WhatsApp messages from iPhone directly. Apart from WhatsApp, the powerful tool can also help you recover iPhone contacts, photos, videos and more.
- Launch the iPhone WhatsApp Recovery and connect your iPhone to PC.
- Click “Start scan”. The program will automatically scan and analyze deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone.
- After the scan, click “WhatsApp & Attachments” to preview deleted WhatsApp message, then click “Recover” button to save them on your computer.
– Turn on “Airplane Mode” on your iPhone after you lost WhatsApp messages. Any operation on it will generate new data which may overwrite the deleted WhatsApp messages and thus make them unrecoverable.
– You can also switch to the “Recover from iTunes Backup” mode to extract and recover WhatsApp chats from backup file.
Method 2: Recover WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone Backup
If you have previously backed up your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud and are certain that the backup contains the deleted WhatsApp chats, you may be able to retrieve deleted WhatsApp chats by restoring your iPhone from backup.
From iCloud Backup:
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to verify that there is an iCloud backup of your WhatsApp chat history.
- Delete WhatsApp app and reinstall it from the App Store.
- Verify your phone number, then follow the on-screen prompts to restore WhatsApp chat history.
Tip: The phone number used for backing up and restoration must be the same. You cannot restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
From iTunes Backup:
- Open iTunes. First go to Edit > Preferences to disable automatic syncing.
- Connect your iPhone to computer. Wait for a while, right-click your iPhone and choose “Restore Backup”.
- Select the backup file that contains the deleted WhatsApp messages, click “Restore”.
For Android users, you can go to this page: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chat History from Android Devices.