The Notes app on iPhone gives you a place to jot down to-do lists and anything you need to remember, making your daily life work in a planned way. Lost notes on your iPhone and want to bring it back? Well, just read on and find out 3 possible ways to recover deleted notes on iPhone.
Method 1: Find Disappeared Notes in Notes App
If your iPhone is running iOS 8 or up, the notes you delete will be moved to the “Recently Deleted” folder in Notes app where they will rest for 30 days. This is the first place you should look for your lost notes.
Go to Notes > Recently Deleted, mark the notes you want move them back to a folder in Notes app.
Method 2: Restore Deleted Notes on iPhone from iTunes Backup
If you regularly sync your iPhone with iTunes, retrieving lost iPhone notes is as simple as performing a sync.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Click on your iPhone icon and choose “Restore Backup”.
- Choose the backup file you want to restore and click “Restore”.
Note: This method will remove any new contacts, messages, photos, videos, and other data you’ve added since your last sync.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Notes from iPhone Directly
If you don’t have a recent backup, you can make use of a third party tool to directly scan your iPhone and get back the deleted notes. Here Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery is recommended. This tool empowers you to recover iPhone deleted Viber messages, WhatsApp, notes, contacts, messages, call history, photos, videos, and more.
- Run the iPhone Notes Recovery and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Simply click on the “Start Scan” to scan the iPhone for lost notes on it.
- After the scan, preview all recoverable files and click “Recover” to save them on computer.
Note: Turn on “Airplane Mode” on your iPhone after losing notes. Any operation will generate new data, which may overwrite the deleted notes and make them unrecoverable.
How to Sync iPhone Notes with Gmail Account
To avoid losing your important iPhone notes, always keep a safe backup of your notes. It is a great idea to sync and save iPhone notes in Gmail.
- In your iPhone, go to “Settings” and navigate to “Notes”, tap on it.
- Tap “Account” and choose “Add Account”, select “Gmail”. Type your account username and password.
- Toggle on “Notes” and then tap “Save”, the notes will be synchronized between iPhone and Gmail.
Note: To sync iPhone notes with Gmail, in your Notes app, you should select the “Gmail” option to create notes.