According to a report recently, 40% of the enterprises lose valuable data from virtual environments each year, and about two thirds of them can’t find a solution about recovering data from virtual disk in the event of a disaster. Unintentional deletion, formatting and file system corruption are the main reasons that cause data loss. However, as almost all prominent virtual system software don’t provide a built-in recovery function, it makes virtual machine data recovery quite difficult for users.
But is that really the case? Actually, you can still restore files from virtual machine with some particular software. Here Jihosoft Data Recovery is suggested to you.
Main features of this program include:
– Support VMware (.vmdk) data recovery as well as ORACLE (.vdi) and Microsoft (.vhd) recovery
– Recover various files such as pictures, videos, audios, office documents, database files, archive files and others
– Read-only recovery won’t write anything to the virtual disk you are about to recover
– Perfect for both newbie and professional alike with fully-loaded function and simple interface
Steps to Recover Data from VMware, ORACLE, Microsoft Virtual Machine
Important: To minimize problems, DO NOT get the virtual drive be modified before you get back the lost data. Never attempt to recreate the data-store.
1. Install & launch the utility. On the main interface, click “Recover Lost Data”
2. Hit “Load Image” to load virtual image file into the application and select to scan
3. Preview data in the scan result. All files will be categorized. Tick those you lost and hit recover to save them to a destination place on computer
1) the free trail version of the program is for evaluation only. You can scan your virtual disk and preview all the retrievable files. To save the files, you will need to upgrade to the full version.
2) The success rate of recovering data from virtual machine depends on various factors. To prevent data loss in future, you can backup your data regularly and consider having a concrete backup schedule. For VWware users, please read this article about how to backup programs and data in VMware Fusion.