“Has anybody else had problems with importing AVI videos into FCP? I have got some AVI files that I want to edit them in Final Cut Pro. Every time I try to import the AVI video to FCP it crashes. Any advice on converting AVI files for FCP editing?”
This question is asked by a FCP user. Actually, users who have AVI videos and want to edit them with Final Cut Pro usually run into incompatibility issue. AVI is a popular multimedia container format. AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio and video playback. It is not the best codec for FCP editing and importing problems will be occurred.
Here, we recommend you use Jihosoft Video Converter for Mac to convert AVI to Apple ProRes codec that FCP natively support. It helps to convert AVI files to Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422 LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, and Apple ProRes 4444. This AVI to ProRes Converter software also allows to convert other video formats to meet different needs, such as, convert MKV to Apple ProRes, convert MOV to Apple ProRes, convert MXF to Apple ProRes, and more.
1. Run AVI to ProRes Converter, find the AVI files you need to convert and load it into the software.
2. Select Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as the output video format, and specify the output video settings.
3. Click the Convert button to transcode AVI to Apple ProRes 422 codec with fast speed and high quality.
– Convert between all common video formats on Mac, such as, AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, VOB, 3GP, 3G2, RM, RMVB, and more.
– Extract audios from videos on Mac, allows you to convert videos to any popular audio formats like MP3, WAV, M4A, ACC, OGG, AIFF, etc.
– Convert AVI to iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or other portable devices on Mac, and then enjoy video anytime and anywhere.