“Hello, I am using Sony PMW-200 and shoot a lot of videos in .mxf format. Now I want to edit the MXF videos in Final Cut Pro. However, the FCP don’t recognize my MXF videos. Any suggestions?”
The Sony PMW-200 XDCAM HD422 Camcorder is the successor to the Sony’s well respected PMW-EX1/R camcorder. It is a high-end professional camcorder which can capture stunning-quality HD images. The key to its superior image quality is the newly developed 1/2-inch Exmor CMOS sensors, a configuration which enhances resolution, sensitivity, dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. PMW-200 supports the 50 Mbps MPEG HD422 codec and MXF recording.
However, Sony MXF videos can’t be recognized by most video editing software, such as, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc. If you intend to edit MXF videos in FCP 6/7/X, you can convert Sony MXF to Apple ProRes using Jihosoft Sony MXF to ProRes Converter. It is a smart tool that designed to convert Sony MXF videos to Apple ProRes codec on Mac OS.
– Support MXF videos recorded by Sony, Canon and Panasonic camcorders
– Convert MXF videos to ProRes 4444, 422 (HQ), 422, 422 (LT), and 422 (Proxy)
– Convert Sony MXF to any video format, both SD and HD video formats
– Convert Sony MXF for playback on most popular media players
– Support merging multiple MXF footages into one single file and batch conversion
1. Import MXF Files to the Converter
2. Select Apple ProRes as the Output Format
3. Start the Sony MXF to Apple ProRes Conversion
Jihosoft Sony MXF Video Converter can help to convert MXF videos on Mac from more camcorders to Apple ProRes codec for FCP, including:
Sony XDCAM PMW-EX1, PMW-EX1R, PWM-EX3, PWM-F3L, PWM-F3K, PMW-VX10, PMW-320K, PMW-35OK, PMW100, PDW700, PDW-F800
Canon XF305, XF300, XF105, XF100, EOS C300, EOS C300 PL
Panasonic AG-HPX300, AG-HPX301E NEW, AG-HPX370/371, AG-HPX500, AJ-HPX2100, AJ-HPX2700, AJ-HPX3000, AJ-HPX3700, AG-HPX170, AG-HPX171, AG-HVX201