MTS files are high-resolution video files recorded by some HD digital video camcorders such as Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC, etc. iPad is the most popular iOS operated tablet computers, the retina display on iPad makes you videos look crisp and lifelike. However, users of iPad may find that they cannot play MTS files on it, since iPad has limited itself to play only certain file formats.
To play MTS on iPad, you must convert the MTS files into a supported video file type before your iPad can import them. Before the conversion, you will first have to transfer the MTS files from your camcorder to your computer and copy the footage to a hard drive.
– Transfer MTS footage to computer: Set your camcorder in PC mode and connect it to computer via a USB cable or remove the SD card from the camcorder and insert it into a card reader and connect the card reader to a USB port on your computer. The card will appear as a No Name hard drive on your desktop.
– Copy MTS files to hard drive: Open the hard drive that represents your camcorder on your computer, you will see a folder named “PRIVATE”, click it to open a “AVCHD” folder, Inside the AVCHD folder, there is a “BDMV” folder, open the “BDMV” folder again and your will see three folders “CLIPINF”, “PLAYLIST” and “STREAM”, your MTS files is located inside the “STREAM” folder. You can copy them to a destination folder on your computer.
After successfully transferring MTS footage to computer hard drive, you can download Jihosoft Video Converter, an ease of use MTS to iPad Converter to convert MTS to iPad Mini/iPad/New iPad supported H.264 or MPEG-4 formats. The application has perfect support for MTS files recorded with all brand camcorders including Sony, Canon, Panasonic, JVC, etc. To convert MTS to iPad Mac, you can download Jihosoft Video Converter for Mac.
1. Install and launch Jihosoft Video Converter on your computer.
2. Import MTS files from local computer to the program.
3. Select iPad supported or optimized file format as output format.
4. Click right-bottom “Start” button to convert MTS to iPad.
When the conversion finishes, the converted MTS files will be presented to you in the output folder. You can then sync them to iTunes, and play MTS on iPad freely.