Question: I was trying to import videos from my Canon Vixia into iMovie and it wasn’t recognizing my camcorder so I pushed the “initializing” button and it deleted everything! Please do help me! I have not recorded anything else since the deletion.
Just calm down! As long as you have not tried to record anything else, or save any data onto your camcorder, there is a great possibility to recover deleted videos from Canon Vixia. In order to work around this issue, you will need an effective video recovery tool. One such application is Jihosoft Canon Vixia Video Recovery.
Jihosoft Canon Vixia Video Recovery is included with powerful features to restore videos from Canon Vixia camcorders due to accidentally deletion, memory card formatting, storage media corruption, improper option, virus infection and more. This tool enables users to preview the video files before recovering them. Apart from videos, you can also use this data recovery software to restore photos from Canon Vixia HD camcorders.
Jihosoft Canon Vixia Video Recovery can comprehensively retrieve deleted video files from Canon Vixia series HD camcorders, including Canon Vixia HF R10, 11, 20, 21, 30, 32, 100, 200, 300, Canon Vixia HF M30, 31, 32, 40, 41, 50, 52, 300, 301, 400, 500, Canon Vixia S10, 11, 20, 21, 30, 100, 200, and more.
1. Connect your Canon Vixia camcorder to computer with USB cable or connect the memory stick with a card reader.
2. Download demo version of Canon Vixia Video Recovery and install it on your PC.
3. Run the software and click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” to continue.
4. Select the drive that presents your Canon Vixia camcorder and click “Start Scan”.
5. After scanning, you can preview the found videos. Select the video files that you want and then click “Recover”.
Tip: If you need perform recovery on Mac, please get Canon Vixia Video Recovery for Mac.
Canon Vixia camcorders enable users to record Full HD 1080p videos and save them in AVCHD format. However, the AVCHD files are not compatible well with most video editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro. How to import recovered Canon Vixia AVCHD videos to iMovie or FCP for further editing? Here Jihosoft HD Video Converter is recommended. By using it, you will be able to edit Canon Vixia AVCHD in iMovie, or edit Canon Vixia AVCHD in FCP, etc.