VOB is the container format in DVD-Video media, which can contain digital video, digital audio, subtitles, DVD menus and navigation contents multiplexed together into a stream form. It is widely used in DVDs. MPlayer, VLC Media Player, GOM player, Media Player Classic and more platform-specific players like ALLPlayer play VOB files. However, VOB files are not widely supported by video editing software, for example, Final Cut Pro.
“Hi, I have some data on DVDs, and they are all VOB files. Now I have a question about editing them in FCP. Is there any way to go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.”
To edit VOB in Final Cut Pro, the easy workaround is to convert VOB to FCP supported video formats. Recently Jihosoft Studio developed a powerful Mac Video Converter, which can help to transcode VOB to Apple ProRes codec for Final Cut Pro with zero quality loss. This tool also provides simple video editing functions, you can crop the VOB video to remove unwanted parts, merge multiple VOB files into one large file, and more.
Install VOB to ProRes Converter on Mac and run it. Then click “Import” button on the top of the main interface to load VOB files to the program.
Hit the “Profile” bar and select Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format.
Finally press “Start” button on the main interface to start VOB to ProRes conversion on Mac OS X.
– Adjust output video parameters like codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, etc.
– Apple text or image as watermark or add artistic effects onto the VOB files.
– Convert VOB files to a large number of SD and HD videos like AVI, MOV, FLV, etc.
– Transcode VOB videos for editing in iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer, etc.
– Enjoy VOB videos on portable players like iPad, iPhone, iPod, PSP, PS3, and more.