FLV or Flash Video is a container file format developed by Adobe Systems. The Flash Video is currently the hot file format to deliver video over the Internet. Notable users of it include YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Yahoo! Video, metacafe, and many more video sharing websites. But the problem also exists. Perhaps you have downloaded some FLV videos from YouTube and tried to edit the FLV files but Final Cut Pro told you that it could not open it.
Is there any way to convert YouTube FLV into something that FCP supported?
Of course, there is. One way to get around this problem is to transcode FLV to ProRes 422 that is fully compatible with Final Cut Pro. Jihosoft Video Converter for Mac is a professional software with rich function options to convert YouTube FLV to Apple ProRes for further editing with Final Cut Pro X/7/6.
– Convert YouTube FLV files to Apple ProRes MOV with fast conversion speed.
– Enable you to edit YouTube FLV video in Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Avid, and more.
– Transcode YouTube FLV to any video format like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, M4V, etc.
1. Run this FLV to ProRes Converter for Mac. Click the “Import” button to browse your computer and select the FLV files you want to convert.
2. Click “Profile” bar and choose “Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as output format for editing YouTube FLV files in FCP smoothly.
3. Click the “Start” button to start converting FLV to ProRes MOV for FCP on Mac. After conversion, import the converted video to FCP and edit it.
Another great application to add is WonTube Free Video Converter for Mac. If you need to edit YouTube FLV in FCP, you can get this tool to transcode FLV to MOV. It is a freeware to convert any video files on Mac OS, no need to register or worry about any hidden cost or trapped by any spyware.
The WonTube Video Converter for Mac is free and requires no registration, but it only converts videos between a narrow range of formats. Besides, users can’t enjoy any free tech support and update service. While Jihosoft Video Converter for Mac is really a winner, even if it charges a little money. It can convert to and from a very large selection of video file types. In addition, this software gives you full creative control over your videos, such as, split video, merge video, trim video, crop video, add watermark, add special effects, and more.