“I have accidentally formatted my USB flash drive and I wanted to know if there is any software I can use to recover the lost data due to formatting. Any help would be appreciated.”
Formatting a USB flash drive is the process of preparing the storage device for initial use. The formatting operation does not actually erase the data on the flash drive, only the address tables. If you have recently formatted a USB drive that has useful data by mistake, do not panic, use data recovery software to help you get formatted data back.
When you encounter data loss on USB drive due to formatting problem, Jihosoft File Recovery is capable of getting lost files back, which provides Deleted File Recovery, Formatted File Recovery, and Deep Recovery modes. It helps in USB unformat and recover files from formatted flash drive. Besides USB drive, this unformat recovery software could help you recover formatted data from hard drive, external hard drive, memory card, SD card, and other storage mediums.
– Recover formatted files from USB flash drive with original file name and path
– Recover formatted data including photos, videos, music, documents, archives, etc.
– Support preview of found files as well as selective formatted file recovery
Step 1: Download and install Jihosoft File Recovery software on your PC. Insert your formatted USB drive into the computer.
Step 2: Launch the program and click “Formatted File Recovery” mode. Then select the formatted USB drive and click “Start Scan” to search for lost files.
Step 3: After scanning, preview the found data, select those you want to recover and click “Recover” to unformat USB drive data.
1. Immediately stop using the USB flash drive to avoid data overwriting before data recovery.
2. Jihosoft File Recovery also develops Mac version. If you are running a Mac, please get File Recovery for Mac to unformat USB drive.
Video Tutorial of Recovering Formatted Files from USB Drive