3 Methods to Remove Beard and Mustache from Photos
There are times when you have captured an awesome photo, but the only unwanted thing that is causing your photo to look a bit unattractive is the Beard or Mustache that your subject in the photo possesses. In such cases, the only solution that you can have is to remove that unwanted hair from your subject’s face with the use of a photo editing tool that offers such a feature of removing unwanted parts or objects from photos.
Hence, in order to make you aware of the required tools, we have discussed below the most popular beard remover photo editors that offer this feature of removing beard and mustache from photos.
Method 1. How to Remove Beard in Photoshop
When it comes to the popular graphic design software Photoshop, it offers you the required tools that you can make use of to remove beard from photos. In order to perform this editing operation on your picture, you can follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: First, open the picture having the person with beard and mustache or hair on his face.
- Step 2: Also, open an image or photo showing that person with no beard or mustache or unwanted hair on his face, if you possess the one. This will help you make a comparison between both of them while editing the first image.
- Step 3: Now you have to use the “Healing” brush by selecting it.
- Step 4: Press the “Alt” key from your keyboard. While holding down this key, click on any area of the face that is not having any hair. In this way, you will be able to take a sample. In order to decrease or increase the sample size, you can make use of the “[” and “]” keys available in your keyboard.
- Step 5: Now draw over the beard or mustache or stray hair on the face. By drawing in this way with the healing brush, you will be able to convert the area with unwanted beard into the one with the same texture as that of the sample you have taken.
- Step 6: Even after being healed by the healing tool, some areas with extra darkness will still be there and need to be corrected. Now the “Dodge” tool comes in to play. Draw over those dark areas with the dodge tool. If needed, “Healing” can also be reused.
Just repeat the above-mentioned steps until you end up removing the beard and mustache from the face of your subject in the photo.
Method 2. Remove Beard from Photos Using Jihosoft Photo Eraser Tool
Another beard remover photo editor tool that you can use to erase unwanted objects (including beard and mustache also) from the photos is Jihosoft Photo Eraser Tool. The most important features that it comes with are as follows:
- It removes undesired censored parts from the photos.
- You can also use it in order to remove logos and watermarks from photos.
- Date stamps and texts can also be removed from photos using this awesome tool.
- With the use of this tool, you can also clone objects in your photos.
- Skin blemishes and wrinkles can also be erased easily with the use of this tool.
- Jihosoft Photo Eraser can repair old black and white pictures also.
- It is an easy job for this tool to fill black areas in panorama photos.
- There is a Sampling Stamp Tool that you can use for the removal of any defect in your picture. Hardness and opacity of the tool can be adjusted as per the requirement.
The process of removing beard from photos with the use of Jihosoft Photo Eraser Tool
You need to follow the simple and easy steps given below in order to remove beard from pictures with the use of Jihosoft Photo Eraser Tool:
- Step 1: First, you need to launch the software on your computer.
- Step 2: Then import your picture that you want to edit or remove beard or mustache from.
- Step 3: The next step is to mark or cover the beard or mustache that you want to remove. You can make use of the suitable selection tool available in the toolbar so as to cover the area having the beard.
The toolbar is provided on the left side of the program interface. There are tools like polygon selection, lasso selection tool, etc that you can make use of in order to cover the targeted area in the picture. And, the most-used option is to use the Selection Brush Tool.
- Step 4: And, once you are done with the selection of the area having beard or mustache, finally click on the “Erase” button that will perform the needed operation of erasing or removing the unwanted beard or mustache. And, that’s it.
Method 3. Use Beard and Mustache Remover Apps
There are also some Remove Beard From Photo apps that you can use to remove mustache from your pictures. I have mentioned below some of the popular applications belonging to this category:
This Android application offers you the Selection Tool as well as a Brush Tool. With the use of the Selection Tool, it becomes easy for you to select any unwanted part or object in the picture and then remove it successfully. And, on the other hand, with the use of the Brush Tool, you can remove any object or part of the image by simply drawing over it and clicking the Start button.
Object Remover provides a brush tool as well. This is an advanced tool that you can make use of in order to clone any desired part of the picture.
Below we have listed the most important features of this Android app:
- There are a Brush Tool and Lasso Tool that you can use to remove undesired parts of the image.
- Blemishes in a picture can be easily removed with the use of Blemish Tool offered by the Remove Object.
- The size of the tools can also be adjusted to meet a particular requirement.
#2 Adobe Photoshop Fix
Another popular application that you can use to remove beard or other undesired objects from your pictures is Adobe Photoshop Fix which is available for Android and iPhone. The app is beginner-friendly also. That’s because the interface that it offers to its users is user-friendly and quite intuitive.
Some of the most important features of this Android photo editing application are as follows:
- The app offers Patch and Heal tools that you can use to correct any kind of imperfection in your photo.
- With the use of this app, it becomes very easy to retouch any image.
- It also offers the defocus option that makes it possible for you to blur any desired part or portion in the picture.
- There is also the option to adjust the intensity of light in any part of the picture.
The process to remove mustache or unwanted object from photo
You need to follow the steps given below in order to successfully remove the beard from your picture:
- Step 1: First, you have to select the “Healing” option that is provided at the bottom area of the screen.
- Step 2: Select the “Spot Heal” option.
- Step 3: Then you need to make adjustments in the size and hardness of the brush.
- Step 4: Highlight the beard or part of the picture that you desire to remove.
- Step 5: Finally the highlighted undesired object will be removed. The empty area will be automatically filled with the detail surrounding that area in the picture. And, that’s it.
It is another application in our beard and mustache remover app list that you can download from the Google Play store as well as the App Store and use to remove any unwanted object, including beard and mustache from your pictures.
The various useful features that this application comes with are given below:
- Pimples and blemishes can be easily removed from your photos.
- Cloning is also possible with this app. You can easily duplicate objects with the use of this feature offered by the app.
- The app also offers a Zoom feature that helps in making an accurate selection while editing.
- You can instantly remove stains & scratches from old photos.
- There is also a Lasso tool that you can make use of with the purpose of quick masking.
The process to remove unwanted objects with the use of TouchRemove
- Step 1: First, open the application, and import the picture that you want to edit with this app.
- Step 2: There is a Remove option in the app. Go to it and select the Pen.
- Step 3: With the use of the selected Pen, draw over the mustache that you want to remove from the picture. It will end up selecting that part or object.
- Step 4: Once you are done with the required selection, finally click on the “Tick” button. And finally, the selected object will be removed and automatically replaced with the content surrounding it.
#4 YouCam Perfect
As one of the best selfie camera and photo editing app, YouCam Perfect also can be used to remove unwanted beard or hairs from the pictures. After editing your picture with this app, you can share it with others using social media platforms like Facebook, etc.
Below listed are the important features that the YouCam Perfect app offers to its users:
- The app offers a simple and easy-to-use design which makes it possible for everyone to use it.
- The process of object removal with this app is very fast and efficient.
- In this app, you will find various editing tools like one-touch filter, rotate, blur and many more.
- With the use of this application, you can easily remove unwanted shadows, people, etc.
The process to remove unwanted objects with YouCam Perfect
- Step 1: First, download the YouCam Perfect application from Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
- Step 2: Open the application and import the picture that you want to edit with this app.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Edit” button and then select the “Removal” tool.
- Step 4: Then you have to highlight the undesired mustache or area in the image.
- Step 5: Click on the “Apply” button provided at the bottom. Then the unwanted mustache will be removed. And, that’s it.
This is also a powerful Android application that can be used to remove unwanted objects from pictures. The app is simple and easy-to-use. And, you can use it for free.
This application comes with the features mentioned below:
- It can make it possible for you to easily remove the straight and curved scratches from your photos.
- Beard, pimple and blemishes can also be removed from the face of the subject of your picture.
- You can also remove the telephone lines and power wires from your photos with the use of this application.
- It also makes it possible to remove the photobombers.
The process to remove beard with this mustache remover app
- Step 1: First, open the application, and click on the “Albums” option to choose the picture that you want to edit.
- Step 2: After the picture is opened, select the “Object Removal” tool available at the bottom.
- Step 3: With the “Object Removal” tool, draw over the beard. Brush tool & Lasso tool can also be used for selection with a custom size.
- Step 4: Once you are done with selecting the beard that needs to be removed, just click on the “Go” button. Then the selected part will be removed immediately.
All of the software packages and Android apps mentioned above are quite efficient in performing the task of beard and mustache removal from the photos. You can make use of any tool that you have access to. But if you need suggestions on which tool to use out of all of the ones mentioned above, we would recommend you use the Jihosoft Photo Eraser Tool. That’s because it is simpler and easier to use as compared to the other available tools.